Queensway Terrace North is a neighbourhood located in the west end of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It bounded to the north by Carling Avenue, to the west Pinecrest Road, to the south the Queensway (Highway 417), and to the east OC Transpo Transitway. It is a neighbouring community of Britannia Heights and Queensway Terrace South. Together Queensway Terrace North and South were originally one neighbourhood until the Highway 417 (part of the Trans-Canada highway) was complete in the late 1960s.
A few people first settled in the neighbourhood in the late 1800s which was closer to Britannia. Most of the homes were built in the 1950s and early 1960s. In 1956 the Campeau Corporation acquired 114 acres of the Arkell farm on Pinecrest Road. By 1958 it was subdivided north of the C.N.R tracks (present day Highway 417) to form Queensway Terrace North. Campeau completed single family homes over 300 lots. A lot was reserved for Severn Public School.
The neighbourhood is very close to stores like Lincoln Fields Shopping Center, Bayshore Shopping Centre, Pinecrest Shopping Mall, IKEA and Carlingwood Shopping Centre. There are many destinations for public bus transportation; Pinecrest, Lincoln Fields and Queesnway bus station owned by OC Transpo. For recreation there is Frank Ryan Park, Elmhurst Woods, bike path, baseball diamonds and tennis courts. It is also very close to Britannia Beach.
Queensway North Terrace is also home to Queensview Business Park. The park features Leon’s, Goodlife fitness gym, OC Transpo bus garage, and many offices.
Grant Alternative School (formerly Grant Public School) is now a heritage site of Ottawa. The school was built in 1922 and closed in 1987. The school re-opened as an alternative school in 1991 and closed in 2007. As of 2013, the school will be renovated into a Francophone community center for the growth population of French people and a nursing home as well. It will also be part of a campus for La Cite Collegiate.