WE KNOW IT’S NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS…
HOME-BUYING, WHERE TO START?
Getting ready to buy a property
Buying a home is an adventure! But there are some things you have to know to make smart choices and end up with a successful transaction. Whether you’re thinking about a single-family home, condo, duplex, or any other type of property, you’ll find things you need to know under the following headings.
- Calculating related fees and the down payment
- Buying your home with a real estate agent
Getting mortgage pre-approval lets you limit your search to what you can afford and shows sellers that you’re serious. Your financial institution’s mortgage specialist or a mortgage broker will explain to you the types of mortgages that are best for your financial situation. Here are a few concepts you need to understand before your appointment:
- Financing to buy a home
- Home-buyers financial assistance programs
- Real estate financing glossary
Looking for and viewing homes
Tracking down your dream home is all about knowing what to look for and asking the right questions. This section has helpful tips for getting the most out of the time you spend house hunting and viewing, whether you’re a first-time buyer or an old hand.
- Deciding on the neighbourhood you’d like to live in
- Getting the most out of home viewing
- Assessing a home’s market value
Making an Offer to Purchase and closing the deal
The final steps in becoming the owner of a new home are negotiating, making an offer to purchase, and finalizing the sale with a notary. Here are a few things to read before beginning your sprint to the finish:
- Getting the home inspected
- The notary and transfer of ownership